ViacomCBS Digital Media Producer - Part time in Boston, Massachusetts
CBS BUSINESS UNIT: CBS Television Stations
JOB TYPE: Part-Time (without benefits)
JOB SCHEDULE: Part-Time
JOB LOCATION: Boston, MA
CBS Television Stations consists of 29 owned-and-operated stations, including 16 that are part of the CBS Television Network, eight affiliates of The CW Network, three independent stations and two MyNetworkTV affiliates. Among its stations are WCBS-TV and WLNY-TV (New York), KCBS-TV and KCAL-TV (Los Angeles), WBBM-TV (Chicago), KYW-TV and WPSG-TV (Philadelphia), KTVT-TV and KTXA-TV (Dallas-Ft. Worth), KPIX-TV and KBCW-TV (San Francisco), WBZ-TV and WSBK-TV (Boston), WUPA-TV (Atlanta), WWJ-TV and WKBD-TV (Detroit), KSTW-TV (Seattle), WTOG-TV (Tampa-St. Petersburg), WCCO-TV (Minneapolis), KCNC-TV (Denver), WFOR-TV and WBFS-TV (Miami), KOVR-TV and KMAX-TV (Sacramento), KDKA-TV and WPCW-TV (Pittsburgh), WJZ-TV (Baltimore), as well as WCCO-TV’s satellite stations KCCO-TV (Alexandria, Minn.) and KCCW-TV (Walker, Minn.).
CBSBoston Digital Producers are expected to apply the below concepts in the following parts of their job:
· Work with WBZ-TV newsroom to produce compelling multi-media news experiences for the digital consumer. This is an editorial position for an experienced journalist, with a heavy emphasis on news writing.
· Recognize and produce compelling video content into multimedia posts for CBSBoston.com
· Clear communication, teamwork, and attention to detail are essential.
· Execute effective, company compliant messaging on Social Media platforms and apps.
· Program website section fronts to engage digital consumers.
· Make sure all daily content production is optimized using SEO strategies
· Track daily digital analytics and respond accordingly.
CBS Boston is seeking an experienced, part-time digital media journalist to work with our fast-paced news team. This is an editorial position. The ideal candidate has unwavering news judgment, strong news writing and copy editing background.
· Candidates must be detail oriented and work well under pressure to meet demanding deadlines.
· Prior experience in a newspaper, online, radio or television newsroom is a must.
· This job requires a flexible schedule and includes working weekends and evenings.
· CBS Boston digital media producers must possess a thorough understanding of online audience habits and audience acquisition strategies, including but not limited to:
o How to use SEO strategies in building headlines, stories, multimedia posts, etc.
o How to produce compelling social media posts with strong engagement rates.
o Strong digital headline writing
o Successful execution of visual strategies to program compelling
modules and section fronts.
o Understanding of basic web analytics and how to apply them
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.viacbs.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to email@example.com. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.