ViacomCBS Retail Licensing Manager in LONDON, United Kingdom
Desired Start: 1st March 2020
Department: Nickelodeon UK
Manager: Rebecca Jenkins
Job Title: Retail Licensing Manager
WHO ARE WE
We’re Viacom International Media Networks UK & Ireland, home to 20 TV channels that offer the very best in music, entertainment, comedy and kids programming through our MTV, Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, Channel 5 and BET brands. Together these brands reach nearly 30 million homes in the UK and Ireland. Viacom brands are seen globally in more than 705 million households in 169 territories and 37 languages via more than 184 locally programmed and operated TV channels and more than 550 digital media and mobile TV properties.
WHO ARE YOU
There are lots of people here doing all sorts of jobs and we believe that having all kinds of people from all kinds of backgrounds makes this a great place to work. We have a number of Employee Resource Groups that look to support our employees from all walks of life and who face common challenges in the workplace and we hold tons of events all your round to nurture the best possible, inclusive environment
WHAT ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Consumer Products facilitates the development of merchandise for our Viacom brands through UK retail outlets. Consumer Products license all types of products with the key areas being: Toys and Games, Books, Clothing and Accessories, Food and Promotions, Health & Beauty, DVD and Video Games.
They do not manufacture product ranges internally but work with third party companies, “licensees”, who sell branded product at retail and pay a defined royalty on each item sold. Another key aspect of the Consumer Products business is liaising with all UK retailers from ASDA and B&M to Matalan to ensure they support Viacom brands by stocking licensees’ product ranges.
WHAT IS THE ROLE
Reporting into the Nickelodeon UK Retail Director, the Retail Manager will be responsible for the management of major UK Retail accounts across all licensed categories including; Hardlines, Softline’s, Food & Beverages, Health & Beauty and Publishing.
The Retail Manager will work closely with the Consumer Products Marketing and Category teams and support the Retail Director to successfully develop and execute the UK Retail Strategy to ensure the delivery of the overall Consumer Products fiscal requirements.
• Develop and maintain strong working relationships for major UK Retailers through robust insight led joint business planning and implementation
• Regularly review progress against strategic objectives for agreed Retailers and make informed recommendations for exploring new business opportunities
• Support the Retail Director in identifying and executing tactical opportunities outside of key retail accounts to maximise business revenues
• Regularly pitch franchise campaigns, corporate marketing initiatives and & specific category priorities to buying and broader senior retail teams
• Conduct regular Retailer/Buyer meetings to ensure brand growth with each Retailer
• Actively cultivate external relationships with Licensee NAMs and buying teams to align on key brand objectives, priorities and focus to ensure delivery of the retailer account plan.
• Plot trends, identify profitable areas for growth and recommend strategies for exploiting any opportunity to the UK Consumer Products team
• Work in collaboration with the Viacom Retail Analytics team to ensure timely post campaign analysis and evaluation of retail activity to inform future decision making and investment priorities
• Conduct quarterly store audits and present back findings and opportunities back to the wider Consumer Products division at team meetings
• Ensure the Retail tracker and other key reporting tools are regularly updated and accurate
WHAT SKILLS DO YOU NEED
• Planning and organisation skills, ability to multi-task
• Commercially minded underpinned by good negotiation skills
• An analytical mind; able to provide insightful conclusions and recommendations based on data and market research
• Good communication & influencing skills
• Good presentation skills
• Confidence, enthusiasm, determination and a will to succeed
• Creative team player, motivated, ambitious
• Comprehensive experience of all relevant Microsoft business software, a solid grasp on new technology & the importance of Social media
Experience and Qualifications
• Graduate Calibre
• Experience developing and delivering account plan essential
• Good commercial understanding of business and market dynamics.
• Experience managing a major customer in a commercial function essential
• Experience in Entertainment, Brands and/ or Retail Industries advantageous but not essential
• Experience of setting up senior customer relationships preferred
• Apparel/Softlines experience beneficial
WHAT ARE OUR BENEFITS
• Private Medical Insurance: You will be eligible for our full Private Medial Cover (From 3 months)
• Season Ticket Loan: We’ll pay for your season travel card up front and you can pay us back across the year
• TV Package Discount: If you subscribe for the likes of Sky and Virgin Media, we’ll get £20 off your bill
• Pension Scheme: You will be eligible for our Pension Scheme from day one, as long as you are contributing to this, we’ll top this up with a voluntary contribution from us
• Discounted Gym Membership: We offer discounts to a number of Gyms
• Discounts at Local Shops and Restaurants: Whether you need a new pair of shoes or just want something tasty for lunch, we partner with a number of local businesses to offer us a discounted rate
• Access to Reward Gateway: With heaps of discounts on everyday shops, restaurants and household suppliers
• Happy to talk flexible working!
WHAT ARE OUR VALUES
Our values, and their related behaviours, guide how we show up to work each day and help ensure that we all treat each other with respect. We want these to feel relevant to all of our employees and all parts of the business, as we believe that when these behaviours are achieved, we are the best we can be. The three values are intertwined and work together to drive the business outcomes we seek, and once combined we believe these will power our company forward.
Creativity: Push beyond the expected
Passion: Stand up for what you believe in
Risk-Taking: Take smart choices
Inclusion: Embrace diverse perspectives
Collaboration: Work together as one team
Innovation: Use insights to drive the business
Trust: Assume best intentions
Transparency: Communicate clearly and openly
Accountability: Deliver, and own the outcome
At Viacom, we value and celebrate difference. We want to ensure that we fully represent the make-up of UK society in our workforce as well as bringing diverse perspectives to our business. We want to make sure Diversity and Inclusion are not just buzz words; we truly want to foster an authentic inclusive environment, where all employees feel that they can bring their whole selves to work.
Our recruitment Privacy Notice for Viacom entities in the EEA and Switzerland is available here.
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
Posted Date 3 weeks ago (1/8/2020 7:01 AM)
Function Consumer Products/Licensing/Merchandising/Retail
Position Level Manager
Job Type Full-Time Staff